[TechAssist] Sanyo TV Model # DS25760 blowing HOTS

  • From: GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 02:50:49 EST

Sanyo TV Mod # DS25760
Chassis # 25760-00
Mfg. 10/97
This set came in doa, hot shorted and ac fuse opened. I suspected the yoke
but the yoke ranged good. I found two bad caps in the vert ckt, but no other
problems. For test I replaced the HOT (D1879) with a NTE2331 and it fired up
good
for about 5 min. and overheated and shorted out which took out the ac fuse
again. What am I missing? I have no print. Is there a way to check this set to
keep from blowing parts? Any help will be appreciated' Thanks, Grady

Wilson's TV Service
Texarkana, Tx. 75501
gomdwil@xxxxxxx