[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo M# DS27930, Ch# 27930-00

John,

Sounds like luck was on your side, and mine, on this info! I had been in
contact with Sanyo about this unit for the service manual and parts for the
vert. circuit(original problem), beings the unit was less than a year old
they supplied me with the manual and parts free of charge(under warrenty).
This all came about, because Sanyo had contacted me about looking at another
Sanyo under warrenty and they had no ASC's in the area, and wanted to know
if I would be willing to look at the unit. That Sanyo was a model # HT30744,
ch.# 30744-00 digital color TV( a first for me). The customers complaint was
that intermittantly the picture would get a greenish tint to it. Sanyo said
the problem was in the digital module and it needed to be replaced and they
would send out a new module. Sounded simple enough, a week went by and no
module, so I called them up again and asked where the module was, and they
said well, their service techs now say that the module just needs to have
the pins cleaned on the module and the mother board, instead of replacing
the module. I tried removing the digital module to clean the pins, but
couldn't get the module to release from the mother board, finally ended up
unsoldering the digital module from the mother board and found a clip on
each set of pins holding the digital board in place and there was no way to
release these clips as other modules are so close you can't even see where
the module plugs into the mother board.(talk about a engineering flaw!)
Anyway I cleaned all the pins and plugs on the digital module and also where
it plugs into the mother board, and also resoldered all the pins on the
digital module and the mother board. This must of solved the problem, as I
left the unit play in the shop a couple of days, and then returned it to the
customer and haven't heard anything back from them. Maybe this will help you
or anyone else, that runs into one of these digital Sanyo's, with this
problem.
When I get time I'll send in both of these tips to Tech-Assist!

Again Thank-You for your time and trouble on this Sanyo!!

                                        Dan Webster
                                        Webster's TV
                                        Shullsburg, Wi.