[TechAssist] Samsung color wheel problems--need info.

  • From: "Hugh @ Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:07:03 -0600

We have a Samsung DLP  with noisy color wheel bearing,  we ordered new color
wheel from Andrews for model HLP6163WX/XAA  TV
They sent us part #BP96-0067A,  DID NOT WORK--color was all bad--we ordered
another color wheel---same problem--color very bad.  They say this IS
the right part number.   Is there some sofware fix in service menu for this new
type color wheel?  New color wheel fits, but looks different from original
wheel.
Note: Old wheel works--color is ok, bearing is very noisy.  Vance Baldwin web
site calls for this same number as Andrews!
help!

Hugh Thornley
Main TV
636 Main St.