[TechAssist] Re: Samsung TDX2022

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:36:48 -0600

Neil,
If the degauss ckt checks OK, relay, thermistor, degauss coil, then check
the diodes in the b+ bridge ckt. I had one years ago(tube days)that a leaky
diode in the bridge would magnatize the crt. I went so crazy looking for the
problem, that I had to stay in the repair business.

Paul W

From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Samsung   TDX2022
Date: 23 Nov 2001 21:08:25 -0800

Degaussing problems!   Resoldered all connections in degaussing circuit,
replaced degaussing relay, plug in, works for hours on in in my shop.
Customer takes home, brings right back with color distortion.  Recheck
circuit. Relay only activates one time while set is plugged in when set is
turned on. Other times micro wont activate until set is unplugged then
plugged in again. Rapped, Tapped and short of beating the board to death. I
can't make it go to discoloration. Anyone have a similar problem like this
and what the fix is? Frustrated in Washington,   Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469