[TechAssist] Re: Samsung HLN5065WX/XAA No Picture after Bulb& Ballast replaced

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:42:21 -0400

The color wheel and fans are supposed to come up and run before the
lamp/ballast is activated. If the fans are running, look at the color wheel.
If you see that the color wheel is not running, that means that it is not
the ballast or lamp causing the problem. The color wheel drive voltage can
be found at connector CN110 on the DMD board, pin 4. If that signal is
present, replace the color wheel. If that signal is not present, but the
fans are running, replace the DMD board. If the fans are not running, look
on the digital board. It has 3 LEDs. They are, from left to right, 5v
standby, Digital 5v switched, Fan 7v switched. If any of them are not
lighting up when you try to turn the set on, you probably have a power
supply problem. Look at the SMPS solder connections. I have had only one
SMPS go bad, and it was not supplying correct voltages on the Digital 5v and
Fan 7v lines. You could also have a color wheel or DMD board problem. Either
of those can cause no startup.

Good Luck!
Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics