[TechAssist] Re: SONY TV - KV-36FV1 Bad Colors on pix tube.

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:06:51 -0500

Sony trainers state that using a large degausser will mess up the "magnetic
conditioning of the crt....at the most using a wand or tape head degausser
is acceptable on these crts". They also state the TV's degausser can be
energized by unplugging the TV set then plugging back in.

In most cases, I've used the tape degausser, but usually find other problems
that cause poor purity, most of the time I end up installing a couple
magnets on these......and although it may sound odd, a lot of the problems I
see on these are corner related and installing a magnet near the mounting
tabs makes the problem go away.....Hey!! I fix em....customer is happy...

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815