[TechAssist] Re: SONY KV-27TS32

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:33:09 -0400

Many people have already told you to resolder the horizontal driver
transformer which should be standard when working on any of these,
regardless of the complaint. Having said that and if it still shorts the
output (and makes a "big sound" as you described), I would replace C525 off
the horizontal driver transformer and check the horizontal driver transistor
Q502 (2SC2688-LK, Sony part number 8-729-119-80). If you still have the
problem after that, I would suspect the flyback. The service manual is
available for download in the members area.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms