[TechAssist] Re: Rca CTC169BJ5

  • From: "Larry Poffen" <lpoffen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:30:31 -0500

I have repl Cr4118  & most of the caps.  have repl the 39uf & 2.2 uf caps
twice with RCA parts also repl c4108, cap across cr4122.  have subbed most
of the caps around the H/O xstr & have ckd all electrolytic for esr.  I
agree the stby volt is too high & the run is too high, the 26v is about 35v.
the 15 volt is 14.92 v  I know I am overlooking something obvious, but what.
I have worked on many of these sets & have never had this problem that I
couldn`t fix with one of the ideas expressed by those on the forum.  I even
tried the stby adjustment, but it will change the voltage from about 184v to
180v. ckd resistors in the circuit & replaced U4101 again.  I need to sleep
on this one.  Thanks all!!!

Larrys TV & Computer Service
Broken Arrow OK 74011
phone 918-455-1041