[TechAssist] Re: RP2786B104 Magnavox tuner failure

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:49:26 -0600

Ty,

Had a set with similiar symptoms a couple of years ago, had snowy raster,and
one station came in on all channels in mid range, but wouldn't change when
channels changed.The same picture came in on several channels. Also had
herringbone pattern in picture on channel that did come in. Fix was
defective tuner,(A340309-1003) and bad saw filter(3630020001). I realize
you've already tried to repair the tuner, but replacing it would have been
easier and probably less time consuming, as TipTop Tuner in
California(1-818-345-1974)(www.tiptoptuner.com) has this tuner in stock
(rebuilt) for $27.00(exchanged, you have two weeks to send dud tuner back to
them) and shipping and handling is free.

                                                      Dan Webster
                                                      Webster's TV
                                                      Shullsburg, Wi