[TechAssist] Re: RCA140CE (sound)

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 20:34:15 -0500

Jose,
Don't go changing a bunch of parts. The problem is the audio alignment.
There are two coils in the audio ckt. One is the Snd IF, the other is Snd
Disc. Adjust the Snd Disc. I'm not at the shop, so I don't have access to
diagram. But you should be able to find it thru trial and error. Count the
turns that you make on any coil. If the sound doesn't respond, you are on
the wrong coil. Turn it back to its same location. Try the other one. When
you are on the right coil, the sound will respond. Be sure to have the
antenna connected, and on channel.

Good luck.
Paul W

From: PEYETO@xxxxxxx
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] RCA140CE (sound)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:44:52 EDT

I ask for help for this TV before and still I'm working on it.
I have noise sound when I have not connector in the input when I connect the
antenna and go to a working channel the sound go away if I go to a channel
that is not working I hear the noisy sound. The video is perfect.
I saw tip that say.
Problem: audio missing when the TV was tuned T0  a station. (MY problem)
Fix: CR2502.
Here is my problem I can not find the CR502. I check the main board up and
down and I can find it. Do someone out there can tell me in what direction
look to find that part?
Thank you.
                            Jose.
PS. I change IC U2300 Dual IF.