[TechAssist] RCA proj. TV mod. P46734BA CTC178, eeprom part # confusion

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 16:00:32 -0400

I have this RCA proj. TV mod. P46734BA  chassis CTC178, and I want to
order an eeprom for it, but I am very confused over which part number I
require. There are conflicting model and chassis numbers.

On the actual TV chassis, the numbers are as follows.

On stickers on rear panel,

Model: P46734BA
PTK-178LA  Q  5456  K2N
Serial no.: 602679034A

On sticker on heat sink:

CTC178L  AB 5443  C6D

>From a contact who has Parts Finder:

Model: P46734BADX1= CTC178L

Model: P46734BADX2= CTC178L2

Model: P46734BALX1= CTC178L

Model: P46734BALX2= CTC178L2

Apparently, if I have a CTC178L chassis, I need eeprom kit # 212119

If I have a CTC178L2, I need eeprom # 237699

How am I supposed to know exactly what chassis I have? As indicated
above, on the sticker on the rear panel, the model just shows P46734BA,
with no other suffixes. Is the sticker on the heatsink the one to go by?

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics