[TechAssist] RCA / Proscan PS35652 CTC169BJ2 Buzz in Audio

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:37:59 -0400

Good morning.

This set has a buzz in the audio from both speakers when the set is turned
on. It will buzz on all inputs. The volume control and mute has no effect
on the buzz, it stays at a constant level. If the volume is turned up, the
regular audio will override the buzz, and the audio sounds normal. The
balance control has no effect on the buzzing, but turning the speakers off
in the menu will stop the buzz and audio. I am not real familiar with the
audio circuit in this set, so any help pointing me toward what direction I
need to go in would be a great help.

Thanks,
Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics