[TechAssist] Re: RCA ProJo PTK169PABS

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:11:00 -0500

Let's break this problem down: 1st with the HV splitter disconnected it
still dies right?

Disconnect the B+ diode, isolating the power supply and the horiz
output/IHVT.
Still die? Or does it run? Check the B+ run voltage using a 60-80 watt bulb
connected to the diode. Is it running at 143 to 146 volts with the bulb on
it??

Ok, reconnect the diode to the horiz circuit and disconnect the horiz
output. turn it on. Does B+ drop to 70v? Check caps or ihvt if it does, if
not then put your HOT back online and fire it up. If it now fails, which it
will then suspect your IHVT....but check your secondary supplies on the
IHVT, your 200v diode is most likely failure, but you also have other low
voltage supplies coming off of it.

Hope this helps to isolate it further.
Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx