[TechAssist] Re: RCA ProJo PTK169PABS

  • From: "Ron Miller" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:33:36 -0600

B+ should be 143.5vdc change two caps to the left of U4101 a 2.2uf@100v and
a 15uf @ 63v.,also check C4108 in base circuit of chopper.
Ron Miller
D.T.V. Texas

----- Original Message -----
From: <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 5:03 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] RCA ProJo PTK169PABS

> OK here's the deal:  I brought this projector module into my shop and
found R767U open and R763U to be discolored. I replaced these with the high
voltage splitter and checked other surrounding components. Set still won't
activate. My B+ is 130 volts and all other secondary voltages are right on
the track. I have a good pulse to the base of the horiz.. Output transistor.
When I push the power button, I notice that the 130 volts gets loaded down
to around 70 volts. If I disconnect the anode lead from the splitter and
clip a lead from about a tenth of an inch from the lead to ground, it makes
a spark once then shuts down, so I know my high voltage is trying to come
up, but shuts down. I've checked the caps in the horiz.output collector
circuit and they check good. The only thing I can find out of place is my
130 volt line is dropping down.  Has anyone had a problem like this in the
past?  Could it be the flyback?    Thanks for input on this.  My customer
would like to have this set back before Thanksgiving.   Neil