[TechAssist] RCA ProJo PTK169PABS

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 20 Nov 2001 15:03:47 -0800

OK here's the deal:  I brought this projector module into my shop and found
R767U open and R763U to be discolored. I replaced these with the high voltage
splitter and checked other surrounding components. Set still won't activate. My
B+ is 130 volts and all other secondary voltages are right on the track. I have
a good pulse to the base of the horiz.. Output transistor. When I push the
power button, I notice that the 130 volts gets loaded down to around 70 volts.
If I disconnect the anode lead from the splitter and clip a lead from about a
tenth of an inch from the lead to ground, it makes a spark once then shuts
down, so I know my high voltage is trying to come up, but shuts down. I've
checked the caps in the horiz.output collector circuit and they check good. The
only thing I can find out of place is my 130 volt line is dropping down.  Has
anyone had a problem like this in the past?  Could it be the flyback?    Thanks
for input on this.  My customer would like to have this set back before
Thanksgiving.   Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469