[TechAssist] RCA PROJ TV MDL: P52151WK CONVERG. PROBLEM

  • From: "fremur01@xxxxxxxxx" <fremur01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:04:51 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Was on site earlier to do an insurance estimation for
repair on tv with surge damage. This projo (1991
model) set loses convergence settings when turned off.
The customer has adjusted from menu as best possible.
I didnt tear deep into the unit due to time
constraints
but need to get a part number for convergence assy
module, just writing a general estimation.

Impression made upon me from customer is that they
want the set replaced by insurance company. Cant say
that I blame them. *smile*

Question. Can the ic at location U8201 (rca#204292)
cause this problem? Input from anyone with literature
and case history is greatly appreciated.

RCA PROJ TV  MDL:  P52151WK   Chassis:   CTC169BTB

Thanks,

Fred
MTS Electronics
Fayetteville, NC