[TechAssist] Re: RCA PJR500SR

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Dec 2001 07:44:56 -0800

It is actually shutting down, audio and all.  I checked for arrant voltages for
the rf connector and the tuner and regular ground but found that the ground is
common and no isolation from the rf connector and the tuner. I don't think this
thing got hit by lightning, we don't get very much lightning in this area (We
aren't that lucky) like Bill suggested. Later today I will disconnect b+ from
the Horiz. out. transistor and see if unit still goes down.  There is another
To3 power transistor on the side of the HorizOut heatsync, not really sure what
circuit this is in, but it's in the same circuit that I noticed a diode is
missing from (Looks as if it was unsoldered and taken out) thats D708 that I
mentioned earlier, Neil