[TechAssist] RCA PJR500SR

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 11 Dec 2001 12:51:14 -0800

Still having problems with this set. Shuts down within 2 to 3 minutes after
turn on. If I hook an antenna to it after turn on I dont have to wait 2 to 3
minutes for the unit to shut down, it shuts down immediately. Checked Voltage
reg. (IC901) and it was on 110 volts until set shuts down, then jumps to around
135. I changed the reg. and it still does it. I noticed on the deflection board
that diode D708 was missing (looks like someone took it out) I don't know if
it's supposed to be there or not. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks   Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469