[TechAssist] RCA P61960 PTK195Y06T No Video, Audio OK. HOT keeps blowing. Now different problems.

  • From: GERALD GANN <alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:20:29 -0400

     RCA P61960 PTK195Y06T No Video Audio OK. HOT keeps blowing. Now different
problems.

     HOT was shorted, replaced that. That blow after a few hours. It was
running hot.

     New problem: After replacing HOT and flyback. Also found a tip HOT keeps
blowing, said to replace Horizontal Drive Transistor Q14301. Went ahead and
changed that.

     HOT no longer blows but set will not come on now. Power supply is running.
We have about 145V B+. Push power button on remote and B+ jumps to 175V and
shuts down.

     This is for the tech that is working on the set. I hope I remembered every
thing he told me. All parts came off a know working chassis same numbers on
parts. That set had convergence problems.

     I would have thought the set would have come on even if the HOT ran hot.
He replaced the HOT twice before replacing all the other parts, I guess it
could have taken something else out when it blow the last time.

     I talked to another tech here in town and he thinks because the B+ jumped
to 175V, it is in the primary power supply.

     Any thoughts or tips on this. Thanks

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040