[TechAssist] RCA_P56740BG_CTC178L2_SOUND NO PIC_FIXED_but need info.

  • From: "Jim Bailey" <baileystv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:40:17 -0500

Hi Guys
        This TV came in sound no picture I have no print on this but I had
unplugged the power cable from the power supply that feeds the convergence
amp board and my luminous came back further test found the first four
transistor bad Q20,Q21,Q22,Q24 and a 2.2 ohm 2watt and a 1 ohm resistor bad.
I also had to change the bleeder assy the set was out of focus. The problem
I have now is that the set is pulled in on the sides, left side about 1/2"
and the right side about 1/8" TV has a good picture and when it changes from
scene to scene it doesn't bloom or seem to have bad regulation problem. Its
like the width needs adjusted Iam not to familiar with this chassis.
        I don't have a manual to see if there are any adjustment to make, or do
still have another problem some ware. The power supply that is mounted on
the right side of the light box has a pot on there that I tried to turn and
it made the picture expand out for a moment then it returned to being pulled
in I may still have a problem with this board!
Any information or print would be appreciated.

Jim Bailey
Bailey's TV Sales & Service
Buckhannon, WV 26201
baileystv@xxxxxxxxxxxx