[TechAssist] RCA P52937YX2- Chassis PTK195M26B

  • From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:16:38 -0500

Hi everyone-

RCA P52937/ PTK 195
I ran into something with this set late last night that I have not seen before-
When the set is "cold" picture has arc lines going across and appears to jump
in and out of convergence with bad pincushioning.  Customer also said the
picture "used to" go off completely but the sound stayed on. After 1 minute
everything is fine.....

Well,  last night when I turned the set on both pix AND sound went completely
off but quickly returned with a great picture.  I immediately looked at the
coil feeding the base of the HO transistor, removed it, cleaned the coil and
connections and resoldered.  Set did not lose picture/audio but still had arc
lines and slight loss of convergence/pincushioning. In 1 minute it was perfect
again.  Disassembled and looked VERY carefully for bad solder connection or
fluid drips and found none.  Touched up solder connections, reassembled set and
disconnected convergence power supply to see if there was a problem there- Same
result..Arc lines and pulling.
I had the HV transformer and HV divider with me and was going to replace 1 at a
time but the customer wanted to go to bed so I was forced out and have to
return over the weekend.

Has anyone else run into this???  Advice appreciated!

Gary
Valley TV
Drums, Pa office

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org