[TechAssist] Re: RCA P46729ba, ch.#ptk169ca, arcing anode to bracket

  • From: "repair11" <repair11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:18:10 -0500

That is probably not coolant, the rubber decomposes, I scrape silicone
sealant with a razor blade(put tape over anode cavity to keep silicone out),
clean with acetone.I use the anode cup from an RCA fly kit where I did not
use the lead. The RCA cup fits  perfectly. Also check the shield around
anode cup, usually has a hole burned in it, hth.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair11@xxxxxxx