[TechAssist] RCA Model F32685, Chassis CTC-197CN Dead set

  • From: "harry fogarty" <snoopys2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:58:07 -0800

This set came in with R14125 burnt and Q14101 was cracked. I replaced these
and also replaced U14101 and R14104. Still dead. I had my 140volts b+ and
also had 140 volts going to the collector of the HOT  but would not turn on.
I replaced the eprom and no change. I had found in the powersupply the trace
was broken at C14127. I repaired the trace and at plug in, it blew Q14101
again.
  I know that some of these ctc197 chassis has bad flybacks in them. Would
this be a bad fly or would there be something  Else I missed when I replaced
these parts listed above?
   Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

Harry Fogarty
Prince Rupert Repairs
Prince Rupert B.C.
Canada