[TechAssist] RCA Model F25422\chasis ctc203ac5

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:54:00 -0700

This set came in with a high squealing noise.I found the flyback and the
hot shorted.I replaced both including resoldering coil L14401.After
installation of parts,I powered tv up and it does come on but there is
no sound at all.I am working without a manual.I checked vcc at the audio
ic u1900 and there is a 8.5 and a 15.7 v there.I subbed it out but still
no sound.
This is a mono set only,no stereo sound.Only 1 ic for sound.tda7267.I am
trying to recall a problem with another set with the same symtom and
there was a smd cap that was cracked causing no audio but can't remember
the location.Maybe someone has the manual and can send me the audio
section in the form of a pdf.Thanks for any and all the help.
mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa Grande, AZ.

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!