[TechAssist] RCA MM101 Shorted Horiz output

  • From: "Ohio Consumer Electronics" <jj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:19:17 -0500

Set tries to start 3 or 4 times then gives up.  The fans start to turn each
time high voltage and vertical both present each time it tries to start.

I found a shorted horizontal output Q14451.  It drives the yoke only - not
the flyback.  It's been running really hot - the board is browned around the
heatsink and a plastic clip thingy that clips on the heatsink has melted.

Does anyone know of any service bulletins or the cause of this transistor
running that hot?  I need to order the transistor and I'd like to know if
there are other parts likely to be needed so I only need to order once.
This is the first of these chassis I've seen.

Thanks much...

Joel Jacobs
Ohio Consumer Electronics
Pickerington Ohio