[TechAssist] Re: RCA HV Splitter availability???

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:41:07 -0400

Jeff, First of all let me thank everyone that sent in a reply on this,
This site is by FAR the best on the internet. But I
disagree with you about Tri-tronics strongly, I  don`t rip off my
customers, and I don`t think suppliers should rip off their customers.I
called them this morning  and their price has gone from $34.95 to $58.89
for the oem, I asked them why there was such a big increase in price
from the last one I bought and their answer was, and I quote " we aren`t
selling as many of them as we used to so were not getting the large
quantity price break anymore" end of quote.One item does not make up a
part order when your buying as much as Tri-tronics is from a major
supplier like Thomson. Supply and demand says; low supply, high demand =
Increase in price, Economics 101. I think they are sticking
it to all of us techs and I for one will take my business elsewhere. My
2 cents worth
Larry E.
American TV & Electronics
Sunny Florida