From: "Gerald Gann" <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:34 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] RCA G35830WK CTC169JS6 Vertical collapse after hours
or even days

> RCA G35830WK CTC169JS6 Vertical collapse after hours or even days
>
>      Did a lot of soldering on board and replaced the 8 pin vertical IC
LM311N. This time it played fine for 2 days.

>      Tried heat and freeze spray. No effect. Flexed board, beat on board.
No effect. I still think it has to be heat related. It played two days with
the back off. Put the back on and maybe ½  hour or two hours. I don't know
why the heat gun didn't make it collapse.  Shut it off let cool on it own
and back on you have full deflection again.