[TechAssist] RCA, G34170AT, CTC172AT, blue picture

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:37:24 -0700

Hi,
I have a 34" RCA cinema screen, model G34170AT, using CTC172AT chassis (I
haven't seen this type of set or chassis before) uses crt # W86EDV083X071.
This set was diagnosed by another shop as having a bad crt.  After close
inspection, I found the tube to be very good.  The symptoms are: blue
picture, very little red and green.  It has a slight dark smear trailing to
the right of the images with some white trailing on bright scenes.  Red and
green screens are at max and the blue is at minimum.  The collector voltage
is a bit low on the blue driver as compared to the red and green. The
collector voltages on the red is 203v. and the green is 199v. and blue is
159v.  I checked all components on the crt board and the buffer transistors
before the crt board.  I replaced U2901, RGB matrix IC.  No help there. I
don't have a schematic on this and Sams doesn't even list one available.
U2901 is a Toshiba IC part number TA7730P (RCA 214701) and I haven't found
any information on this chip. It only took about a year and half to get this
IC.  The customer as well as myself had given up getting this IC and I ended
up with this dog.
Can anyone help on this unusual set or offer some advice as to whether I am
wasting my time and need to look elsewhere?
Sure could use a scan of the RGB and video circuits.
Thanks,
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.