[TechAssist] Re: RCA Flyback 237506

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:02:00 -0500

Is this the one where you have to use the original screen and focus
wires and push them into the flyback? CTC195 or CTC197? Did you push the
wire in far enough? If you disconnect the screen wire from the CRT
board, any voltage on the wire? There is a capacitor on the CRT board
that will short and the CRT socket is well known for a short in the
spark gap. Both of these will load the screen voltage down to 6 or 7
volts. Lastly, did you turn up the screen control on the new flyback?
There was a guy last week that did not turn it up and asked the same
question.
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics