[TechAssist] Re: RCA F36665, CTC203CX1 dead, clicks 3 times

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:18:25 -0400

Part of Jay's message explained it:
"...3 strikes and out because the PIP IC and it's voltage conversion
transistor on that I2C bus is "dead" and jamming the I2C bus."
I don't know if just resoldering the SMDs did it, or if the LM317T was
bad, but both procedures produced a fixed set.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx