[TechAssist] RCA F35755MB CTC179DK need INFO on micro kit

Does this set have to have the micro and the EPROM replaced together or can
I just put in the EPROM. Set came in shutting down, then went to 3 tries and
then shutdown, bending the board turned it on. Resoldering the tuner fixed
the intermittent turn on but now it's stuck in video mode and the menu won't
come up. I see Tritronics has a kit but it's NLA. Can I get by with just the
EPROM? This set has a EPROM marked 97E which from tips I have says you must
replace the two together. If so does anyone have a used micro and EPROM for
the DK chassis? Thanks.
Al Marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx
Al Marquardt Electronic Repair