[TechAssist] Re: RCA F32730CM CTC179CM Pulses 3 times, shut down

Visit the Interactive Center: www.techassist.net

Neil,
From Tech Repair CD:
RCA\CTC179DL\Shuts down 3 times\\\\XRP circuit failure R4908 open SMD 16K off
pin28 of U2001\\\\\\\\

FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics      Be careful of your thoughts.
501 Luther Rd                        They may become your words
Harrisburg, PA 17111                            any moment.
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com

From: "Neil Bowman" <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 9:56 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] RCA F32730CM CTC179CM Pulses 3 times, shut down

Don't care for email? Use the member forum:
http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/mb/view.pl

This unit tries to power up 3 times before shutting down. I disconnected B+ from
Horiz. output transistor and monitored secondary of power supply, main voltage
starts at 135 volts and other secondary voltages also come up, 3 times before
shut
down. Are there any known caps or diodes that I need to check for on this
chassis
that causes this symptom. I don't have a schematic for this unit. Any help would
be appreciated.   Neil
TV Doctors
108 W. Main St.
Monroe,Wa 98272