[TA-A] Re: RCA F32665 CTC203CH erratic menu

  • From: James Daly <surveysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:46:08 -0500

I have had this problem many times and all but 1 were 1 or more buttons. The 1
that wasn't was the micro. I got luckyin finding this problem. I had forgot to
turn off when I went to lunch. When I came back it was working fine. I found
that after 20-30 minutes it would work. So, if buttons aren't problem check
this.James Daly> From: grubsx5@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TA-A] RCA F32665 CTC203CH erratic menu> Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
21:44:53 +0000> > > > > > > > RCA F32665 CTC203CH3 has erratic menu and turns
on in the service mode and> will only turn on with a volume button and it will
not respond to the remote> control . > > I removed the IR detector and
unplugged the gemstar module and still had the> same problem checked all
momentary keypad switches for shorts or corrosion> and found no defects I
suspect micro or eeprom. > > Any help would be appreciated! > > Tony's Tv
Repair > >
----------------------------------------------------------------------------> A
place for moms to take a break![1] > > --- Links ---> 1
http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2749??PS=47575>
Remove: Send a blank email to techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove as
subject.> Set Vacation
mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation> Lost
Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".> Email
Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café.
http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline