[TechAssist] Re: RCA D52W20 chassis ITC222 shutdown fix

  • From: "Jeff Farnsworth" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 07:15:57 -0500

You bring up an interesting point.  I've noticed the difference of the
solder on the new sony direct views.  It allmost looks like the solder
contains aluminum. It also seems to flow at a lower temperature which if it
is the same on these rca's would make it easier to wave solder with a hot
air gun or other.  I have never used this technique yet and am interested in
the temperature needed to successfully reflow these boards with hot air?
This may have fixed a a sony I just ordered an "A" board for because of
intermittant either on/in or near the main micro.

TV Doctor
Avalon, Wi