[TechAssist] Re: RCA D52W19 / ITC 222 chassis... Convergence menu access

  • From: Scott Beebe <Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Electric Medic <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:43:03 -0400

Hello Electric Medic,

I have had 2 of the same model in with bad tubes. The first had a bad blue,
then the next one that came in had a bad red tube. The picture would "Snap" and
the effected color would shrink or expand, often causing shutdown. I could
unhook the CRT board and problem would go away. Both where store stock repairs.

 Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.
Ithaca NY 14850
Voice: (607) 273-8406
Fax: (607) 273-8743
WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunday, June 26, 2005, 6:12:58 PM, you wrote:

Electric> Hey Mike: Can you give us more info. What
Electric> symptoms did you have? We get
Electric> those sets in all the time and haven't seen a bad
Electric> CRT yet but would like to
Electric> know what to look for. Was the pix bright red
Electric> with retrace? Or was the whole
Electric> TV shutting down? How did you isolate to the red
Electric> crt? Can you unhook the red
Electric> crt board on that set and can the set fire up
Electric> with just the green and blue?
Electric> This info will help us greatly. Thanks

Electric> Perry Bower
Electric> Electric Medic
Electric> "It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
Electric> http://www.electricmedic.com
Electric> 3850 Washington Road  Suite 4C
Electric> Martinez, Georgia 30907
Electric> Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Electric> Phone: 706-863-3474
Electric> Fax: 706-863-2316
Electric> mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Electric> -----Original Message-----
Electric> From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Electric> Behalf Of Mike Ostrowski
Electric> Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 1:25 PM
Electric> To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Electric> Subject: RCA D52W19 / ITC 222 chassis... Convergence menu
Electric> access

Electric> Hey Guys!!!

Electric> I just replaced the RED CRT in this new HD tv.. 6
Electric> months old and CRT is already shorted !!! I need
Electric> to know the procedure to get into the convergence
Electric> menu... Any help woould be much appreciated!!!

Electric> Thanks in advance!!

Electric> Mike & Dee
Electric> Night Eyes Tv
Electric> 594 N 4th St
Electric> Wills Point TX
Electric> 903-873-8845

Electric>
Electric> This Email List is Public. Remove:
Electric> http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
Electric> Set Vacation
Electric> mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation
Electric> Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and