[TechAssist] Re: RCA D50LPW134 ITC250 Chassis

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:53:18 -0400

I sure did with just about identical symptoms as yours (mine was model #
D44LPW134). I too, talked with Thomson tech assist who was absolutely
clueless about it and at first suggested to replace the light engine. I said
what the hell are you talking about, the ballast never even attempts to
ignite. It seemed to be either the power supply board or the SSB board that
was the problem.  Interesting note is that the power supply board was listed
as "not eligible for warranty replacement" as it is supposed to be component
level repair. This board was double soldered on both sides of the board  and
is not easily serviced so it should be a board level replacement. The board
was very inexpensive and the Techline gave me an authorization to replace
it. I was going to also order the SSB for it as it was cheap and I wanted to
have both for my return trip. The customer had purchased it from QVC and
called that evening to say that QVC was going to replace it for her so I
never got to return on it. None of my many RCA distributors had either board
and did not have the part number in their system for the power supply board.
Here is the reply I received from Tritronics about the boards:

Part # 267911    SSB board

Part # 268147    Power Supply Board

267911 is listed as factory backorder no ETA.
I will contact RCA about 268147.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager