[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187, no cable tuning above ch 50

here's the skinny,,,with the chipper checker stuff, you can re-initialize about
99% of the EPROM's that are corrupted. The problem with this is you get an
eprom just like the one you get from RCA. The setting are just set to the
pre-set value. Now that's great if you don't want to buy a new eprom. But now
you need to align the turner and some of the other settings, however with the
chipper checker and the adapter you can build from the instruction, you can
actually upload the parameters from the corrupted eprom using an external 5
volt supply. then reinitialize it and then down load the tuner settings without
doing  the complete alignment