[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC177

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:18:47 EDT

Glenn,

 Did you scope the CRT for DC at the socket pins with the set off but plugged
in? Does the spot extinguish if you unplug the set after shutting it off?

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine

In a message dated 9/27/04 6:18:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Max, you read my mind.
 I actually tried shorting the 200 volt line after turn off with no effect. I
 looked at Q5004 as a possible culprit too with no success. The strange thing
 is if I pull the plug as opposed to turning it off the spot goes away.
 Dunno....anyone???

 Glenn Larkman
 Audiotech
 256 Nth Hwy 101
 ENCINITAS CA 92024
 760 944 9048
 FAX 944 0345
 mail to"mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 "www.audiotech.net"
 Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
 mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(G.Larkman) Date: Mon, Sep 27, 2004, 1:06pm (CDT-2)
 To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC177
 Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Thanks to everyone for all the replies but I know what afterglow is.
 Adjusting G2 has no effect and if the chassis is swapped then the
 problem stays with the chassis and not the tube.

 This started happening about a week ago according to my customer..

 Glenn Larkman
 Audiotech
 256 Nth Hwy 101
 ENCINITAS CA 92024