[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 140 GPR2631..Dead, front LED indicators are lit.

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:45:10 -0400

Jeff
 How about Q4100 (switching trans), any waveforms on it?
U4100 is the switching regulator IC, output pulse should be on P6. 8.8V
on
P10 in stby mode, 13.8V on P7 in run mode. Have had the SW trans bab and
also the IC, there are also a couple of diodes on the base cct of the SW
trans. I have a manual but no scanner on this system, if you need a pic
of the PS I can hook my other system to net and send to you.

Al G
Al's TV-Electronics
Pembroke Ont.
Canada

Intrepid Video Support wrote:

> This unit came in dead...I gave the customer a high estimate, hoping he would
> turn the repair down...they
> want it fixed, so I feel obligated to give it my best.
> All four LED's on the front are lit as soon as AC applied, unit is otherwise
> dead, no relay click.
> Raw B+ is 160vdc, to high and no B+ to HOT.
> 12V run is also missing. I have troubleshooting guide, but no actual
> schematic on this thing.
> I soldered the diode board..no luck and no voltages on it anyway.
> Has anyone run into this problem before?
> Thank you.
>
> Jeff Dougherty
> Intrepid Video TV/VCR
> 263 S Front St