[TechAssist] Re: RCA CC390 full size VHS camcorder, blank viewfinder in camera mode.

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:55:29 -0500

Cant check on that from where I am at right now, but most of the
Hitachi-made units had a seperate DC/DC converter for the camera power.
Usually in a sealed metal box just in front of the deck. Some models had it
on the lower front of the main pcb, not sealed. The electrolytics dry out
and sometimes leak electrolyte.
Occasionally electrolytics on the camera boards are also defective, causing
various picture defects.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave