[TechAssist] RCA ATC113CA1, F36444 still dead. subbing a Gemstar module as test?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:50:35 -0400

I've been on this dead TV for ever. My old posts show I've changed fly,
HOT, jungle, gemstar...soldered,etc. There are two placed on the ribbon
cable from the gemstar that should give an "on" pulse to two transistors
in the regulator circuit that turn on two voltages for turn on. These
originate fron this gemstar. They are not coming out from it. It's a new
module. before I send it back, can I verify they sent me the right one,
(Tritronics sent #257871) and, lastly, as a test can one sub a gemstar
from, say a CTC203,etc as close enough to  test as long as the cables
seem to mate right?
Desparate,
Phil Bader

--