[TechAssist] Re: RCA ASC Update:

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:01:07 -0400

dont you all just love being a printer.
i spend hours trying to print schematics that i can read.
and try to tape them together.
i guess i am just slow, but i spend much more time with the
paper work than the repair.
ordering parts on line, submitting invoices, looking up part
numbers.
seldom any of it goes with out a glitch
call the parts dept, have them tell you go to the web,
call them back get more instructions,
unbelievable how much time i loose  these days, compared to a
parts distributor.
all kind of screw ups, some want you to buy from factory or no
  credit, some dont have same credit given as the distributor
charges,
it all can be fixed but it takes more time than i can spare.
have you ever listened to the taped message as you wait for
them to serve you, about how great their web page is???
i hear it in my sleep lately.
  i guess if i have to wait so long so often i wont call back
so quick.
they are right.
but subconsciously i cant help but dislike their product, when
it makes life rough for me.
when is the last time you bragged on a brand to a customer,
when they ask your opinion.
i wont stick out my neck any more, except for Hitachi.
Larry

lmao

lol

Tel-Tek wrote:

> Mando;
>     Unless your business requires ASC to remain in business, my advice
> is...stay away.
>     I was an RCA ASC up to 1990. I found no support from them, especially
> for my customers. 1990 was the year they pulled out of Canada, and all
> business was done from Minneapolis.
>
>     This was also the era that they sent Questionnaires to customers to get
> their opinion of Service that was performed. I think they called it the QV9
> or something. I had a 100% satisfaction rate, by customers. (Results were
> also sent to ASC).
>
>     At that time Service Lit and Manuals were still on Paper, to many
> additions, to file without a Secretary. Service Lit was expensive...about
> $600 a year,excluding priority test equipment you had to buy, to service
> strictly RCA/GE.
>
>     Some things may have gotten better..since Service Lit is now on CD.
>
> BTW...I was asked to try out the first copy of Fix-Finder in Canada...it was
> on 2X 3.5 disks.
>
>     I'm digressing...My answer would be...if your business is brisk enough
> without them..Pass. You will be playing by their rules.
>
> 10 years ago I would have told you to weigh you options. Wayne and Paul
> Wescott, in Canada are ASC's, and maybe they can give you some newer
> concepts.
>
> -Ed-
>

> Tel-Tek Electronics
> Ontario-Canada
>
> teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY