[TechAssist] Re: RCA 27" TV - CTC167CS - Dead After Storm

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:49:54 -0400

I double checked this signal at pin 24 and there is nothing at all when
I press buttons, I should expect to see what John describes below
whenever OSG is active (thanks for this information John). I even
isolated the pin from the PCB to make sure it wasn't being shorted to
ground or whatever. I think I may still have a bad micro here. The video
is washed out also whether I use the RF (tuner) or A/V inputs. I'm not
sure if the jungle IC was affected by the surge and I'm reluctant to
conclude I have a bad jungle IC until I'm sure about the micro because
it controls brightness, contrast, etc. I'm going to look for another
micro before moving on.

David Lessard
Mr_Fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada