[TechAssist] Re: RCA 27" TV - CTC167CS - Dead After Storm

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:08:40 -0400

Gentlemen,

I'm not able to locate a used part for this chassis. Customer would like
to keep this nice wooden cabinet TV for sentimental reasons. PCB
location is U3101 - microcontroller. Number on the IC:

1A66111-01E
2 9131
TCE1991

If anyone has this micro in there junk pile(s) please email me in
private naming your price.

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada
K0C-1A0

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx(David=A0Lessard) Date: Tue, Jun 28, 2005, 3:15pm
(CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: RCA 27"
TV - CTC167CS - Dead After Storm Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the service manual Eric. Once in hand it was easy to trace
the problem to U3101 pin 42, Vcc to ground is shorted, no shorts
anywhere else. Now to find one! Does anyone have a used one kicking
around? I don't believe this chassis's micro is still available. Of
course I won't know if anything else is a problem until I get the micro
replaced.
Thanks in advance,
God bless you all,

David Lessard