[TechAssist] Re: Question on storing tape to DVD?

A couple of years ago, when stand alone DVD
recorders were still over $1000, I bought an
Hitachi DVD camera for the main purpose of
archiving my VHS tapes of my grandson, family
gatherings , horse shows etc.
At cost +10% I paid about a thousand for the
camera, but justified that by thinking that I would
"get her done", and still have a nice movie/still
camera.
It works great, But the down side is that it only
gets one hour on that mini DVD.
I probably should have waited until the price went
down(which it did).
Walter
--- Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wan t to set up to take video & audio form say
> a VHS go through my
> computer and record to DVD.
>
> Anyone doing this? what do I need for an
> interface card and software.
>
> Since this is off topic you can reply on "chat"
> if you like to save
> trafic here
>
> Al G
> Al's TV-Electronics