[TechAssist] Re: Question about photocouplers

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:20:02 -0400

I find they're not too fussy. Usually you can salvage a good one from
another board with good results. They are a light emitting diode at one
end, and a photo transistor at the other. It's basic use is to isolate
the hot from cold power supply while providing a  feedback  sample
voltage from the output   to the main power supply for regulation.
Phil Bader

jonas miglinas wrote:

>Hello all,
>I received a set that had some surge damage and I did not have an exact
>photocoupler in stock to see if the set would turn on.I took a photocoupler
>from a junk chassis,(same manufacturer, but a completely different model) and
>the set fired right up.
>My question is, are these photocouplers for televisions rated about the same?
>I rarely find these bad in my shop. Will order original, but just curious.
>Thanks for any insight.
>
>Jonas Miglinas
>Miglinas TV
>Chicago

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx