[TechAssist] Re: Question about computer

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 02:32:32 -0600

Is it showing up in the BIOS or on the first BIOS boot up
screen?  First be sure it is jumpered correctly (either
master, slave or cable select) and the cable is good.  IF you
are positive it is jumpered correctly and the cable is good,
try it on another controller.  If it is a master now, try it
as a slave on the other controller, etc.  If it still is not
showing up in the boot up screen, it's bad.  If you are
saying it was OK in the BIOS & boot up screen, and you did
install windows from it...then what brand/model of
motherboard do you have?  What are the drives setup on this
computer?  Any yellow marks in the device manager?
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com