[TechAssist] Re: Question about computer

  • From: don trippel <dtrippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:24:52 -0800

Hi!
If your cd shows up in dos and in your boot ,but the cd is gone in windows,
with ! mark on single fifo in device manager . I think you may have the NYB
boot sector virus. Scan with Mcaffee  or other virus scan to confirm. If you do
have the NYB virus. Boot with known good boot disk that is write protected .
Type fdisk/MBR and your cd will be back.  The way you get this virus is by
booting with a infected boot disk Good luck  By the way, I just fixed a
computer with this exact symptom last week .
Don Trippel
Don's Electronics
Rosthern,Sask
Canada

tom lee wrote:

> Hello friends.
> I install windows 98 for my computer . I succeed and go to the process. but
> one thing is
> it does not have D drive. I click my computer icon  It show only A,C but no
> D,it suppose
> CD rom drive.I use a floppy disk That I bought It help me boot up and give
> me the way
> that I can use D drive to setup windows98 .But after setup It does not
> include D drive.
> Any body know how to do it help me . please.  TIA
> DAND TVCR

> To unsubscribe write to:
> techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe write to: