[TechAssist] Re: Question Thomson technical help.

  • From: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:29:02 -0600

Thomson tech help is good on the NTSC products, they seem to be getting to
know the stuff we see every day.
BUT they know as much or less than we do on the new digital sets
I recently repaired a ATC311 for HV splitter and burned resistor R14705
after fixed had no tuner NTSC/ATSC and video inputs didn't work either.
Replaced DM2 (digital module with tuners) restored video inputs and ATsc
tuner operation but still no NTSC tuner.
John (whom is very knowledgable on the CTC169 chassis) told me to  replace
the deflection board although I had all voltage supplies.
He said the video signals pass through the BEP daughter board on the
deflection board and may be at fault.
I didn't follow his advice, I re-ordered a second DM2 and fixed the set.
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc
Dallas, TX