[TechAssist] Re: Question Thomson technical help.

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:26:53 -0800

Paul,

Does this chassis use a TDA7499 for the audio output? I do not have a print
for the CTC197 but if it uses the above IC check the small electrolytic
across the resistor to mute transistor collector (B+ source) controls the
mute on/off time, about 1 mfd. Also check the parts off pins 2, 4, 8, 9 and
10 as RCA uses separate voltage dividers to DC clamp the outputs (pins 2 &
4) and the closed loop gain circuit (pins 8 & 10) at common return point.
They all should have equal voltage reading at all the dividers (half of the
applied B+ 31v), check the resistors if off. Also check the electrolytic
(470 mfd) used for AC return of the gain loops used because they are
floating the DC return point. The 4.7 ohm resistors used at Pins 2 & 4 that
go to ground through a .1 mfd are critical in value. I used a CTC195 print
and a datasheet, it should be similar. What is the delay time of the pop
from turn on or off? That capacitor mentioned earlier might be bad. HTH

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA